Mimouna Club is a non-profit organization that seeks to educate the Moroccan people about the Moroccan Jewish Culture and to encourage harmony between Jews and Muslims in the Moroccan context.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/311113695645106/
Event 2 of MCF
A Projection of the Moroccan film “Goodbye Mothers” by Mohamed Ismail
Novembre 11, 2012
A Café Clock (l’ancienne Medina)
- Une présentation générale de Mimouna Club
- Projection du film « Adieu Mères » de Mohamed Ismail
- Une discussion sur le film
Pour voir la bande d’annonce du film :
Entrée : 20 Dh (boissons et popcorn inclut)
Pour plus d’informations prière de nous contacter sur l’adresse suivante:
Event 1 of MCF (Mimouna Club of Fez)
A Cultural Tour in the Mellah of Fez
The tour includes:
- The main gate to the historic Jewish quarter, Mellah, which was built in 1438, giving a historic background about why it is situated next to the Royal Palace.
- The Jewish cemetery where Grand Rabbis and Jewish saints are buried.
- The small museum by the end of the cemetery, introducing the group to Mr. Edmond Mimoun Gabbay, the curator of the museum.
- Ben Danan Synagogue, a 17th century synagogue. It was built by Aben Danan family whose house is situated in front of the small street of the synagogue.
- El Fassiyeen Synagogue, a recently restored synagogue by the Foundation of Moroccan Judaism in Casablanca.
- A walk in the main street of the Mellah introducing the group to the architecture of the neighborhood.
- Ending the tour with a visit to the Royal Palace which helped in protecting the Jews when there were riots.
Debate: What did we learn from the trip?
Date: Sunday, October 7th, 2012 at 10:00
Fees: 20 dhs
Please contact us on: email@example.com for more information.